The Procurement Revolution Week is Over. Vive The Procurement Revolution!
This online event gathered 40 Procurement thought leaders from all around the world, in a unique, week-long effort to reflect upon our practices and pave the way for its tranformation… its revolution.
These revolutionaries have shared their views in long-form interviews (40-60 minutes) or bite-size, 2-to-10-minutes clips on all kind of subjects. Each day had a specific theme:
- Procurement as a Competitive Advantage
- Aligning for Relevancy
- The Unknown Unknowns of Globalization
- Be Prepared: Development & Mindset
- Leading Edge & the Future of Procurement
While all this content is of tremendous value, I have particularly appreciated the following clips:
- Five Rules to Transform Your Supplier Relationships, by Kate Vitasek
- Recovering from KPI "Side Effects", by Bertrand Maltaverne
- Aligning Procurement with our Stakeholders, by Sam Achampong
- Procurement as a Risk Manager, by Philip Ideson, Chief Revolution Officer
- Embrace Change & Use it to Your Advantage, again by Philip Ideson
- Make an Impact that Matters, by Lance Younger
- YOU are the Future of Procurement, by John Hansen
The Procurement Revolution Will Not Be Televised
We were fortunate enough to contribute a piece called The Procurement Revolution Will Not Be Televised.
Behind the rather formal (scary?) tone, we wanted to emphasis that we cannot just be spectators. If we want change, if we want to be a trusted partner, then we must take actions.